Monday, May 6, 2024

What did we eat past week

So I'm trying to do this "what we ate past week" every Monday from now on. Meal planning beforehand clearly doesn't work for us, at least in the traditional sense (this is something I'll try to elaborate on in a future post). But I'd still like to share what we ate so sharing our "meal plan" in retrospect would work best for me that way.  I'm not completely sure anymore what we ate when, so it's a bit in a random order. 


• Steamed vermicelli with onion and chicken (among other ingredients), 2x 

• Refried beans with homemade mlawi flatbread and fried aubergine

 • Tunisian fricassé (sandwiches) with french fries 

• Couscous, 2x 

• Leftovers (soup, among others) 

By "2x", I mean I batch cooked and we had the same meal twice. Usually we don't eat the same thing two days in a row, but every other day. And of course, we had more than one meal a day- I'm mainly focusing on the main meal here, not necessarily breakfast and lunch. Breakfast, although I try to vary a bit, is still a bit more repetitive and well..  just a bit "breakfasty" I guess. And for lunch we usually have leftovers or sandwiches, if we eat lunch at all (my husband and youngest aren't very big on eating lunch). 

2 comments:

  1. You cook like me!!! We never eat the same meal right after eating it the first time, but wait a day in between. Anything left from the second meal will be used for lunches.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's cool 👋 It's a bit rare for me to come across someone who cooks the same, even though it seems so logical (to me, anyway).

      Thank you for commenting! ❤

      Delete

I'm happy to hear from you! Kindly be patient as the comments are moderated.

Saving on meat expenses

Most of my readers must have noticed that we're not eating a lot of meat. I was pretty much raised as a vegetarian, so I'm familiar ...