Monday, March 25, 2024

Heating turned off

I think there hasn't gone by a year in which I used the heater more than this past winter, despite the relatively warm temperatures we've had. It's probably got to do with certain health issues I'm facing. Still a bit disappointing, even when I know the cause. This year certainly was not cheap when it came to utilities! Fortunately we are able to pay it, unlike so many less privileged people, which I'm very grateful for. But, both the cheapskate and environmentalist in me certainly do not like it. 

But for the past two weeks, with spring being a bit early this year, we've had the heater completely off. Not even just little warming up the house for half an hour or so. We don't have a thermostat, but there's a thermometer on my kitchen scale (which I know is reliable) that indicated around 20° (C). I must add that the kitchen is usually 2 degrees cooler than the rest of the house - and hotter during the summer. So it's around 22° now in our living room (and despite that I'm still wearing a thick jumper) which is quite nice. 

I really hope the heater stays off until next winter. And I'll challenge myself to not put on the heater even if there come a few more chilly days. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm happy to hear from you! Kindly be patient as the comments are moderated.

Finally, I can boil eggs

It's funny how sometimes the seemingly easiest things can be a challenge. This is true in the kitchen as well! I don't consider myse...