Monday, August 5, 2024

What did we eat past week

Past week was a bit of a messy week; we all caught the flu, leaving little energy for cooking a lot (or doing anything at all really). Fortunately I still had some pre-cooked meals in the fridge and freezer. And my sweet neighbour brought a meal one day. 

The meals we had as main meal were: 

Couscous 

Douara (offal stew) with bread

Migli, also known as Tunisian style fish & chips (from our neighbour) 

Lentil stew with bread, 2x

Makarouna (Tunisian pasta), this time with ditali shapes 

Ojja, Tunisian version of shakshuka (eggs in spicy tomato sauce), with again, bread 

That was a lot of bread! Hopefully this week it will be slightly better in terms of variety. I guess bread is easiest when you don't feel well. 

2 comments:

  1. That all sounds delicious and how nice of your neighbor to bring over a meal. I hope you are feeling better now after the flu.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm feeling better every day, just trying to take it easy.
      It's such a blessing when neighbours take care of each other that way, isn't it?
      Have a great day.

      Delete

I'm happy to hear from you! Kindly be patient as the comments are moderated.

Finally, I can boil eggs

It's funny how sometimes the seemingly easiest things can be a challenge. This is true in the kitchen as well! I don't consider myse...