Tuesday, April 2, 2024

Some of my recent failures

I know, I know, this is not the most uplifting title out there. But that's exactly the point- I don't think we should always only share our nice accomplishments. I know there are people who try to hide their failures so that their image isn't being tarnished. Especially if they have many followers or make money by "influencing" others. I want to stay authentic and if that's by being honest with my readers about things that didn't work out as well, I'm happy to do so. 


• Homemade laundry detergent: I loved making this relatively easy detergent as it's very frugal and environmentally friendly. However, unfortunately it didn't get my oldest daughter's shirts clean. She's a teenager, what else do I need to say? So I switched back to powdered detergent. 

• Fabric softener: I had never used fabric softener since owning our current washer, and always used vinegar. I found that even the powdered detergent didn't get my daughters clothes as clean as I liked, so despite it quite being against my values, I bought my very first bottle of fabric softener. 

• Disposables: unfortunately I have been using disposable items a bit too much lately. It's quite convenient when it saves on doing dishes and you're insanely tired. No, not disposable plates or pans, but still a bit too much paper towels and sandwich bags. This is really something I should be improving. 

• Did an unsuccessful attempt to make my own shampoo. 

• Wasted a bit too much of leftover foods- a few containers of food totally got overlooked in the fridge. Oops! This is me reminding myself to always store leftovers in transparent jars/containers. 

• Had to replace my kitchen scales' battery, although it was not replaced a long time ago. I guess that's one of the cons of living in a place where generally bad quality is being sold. 

These are the things that came across my mind immediately. There are probably a lot more, but it's just some insight in how my "perfectly" waste free live isn't that waste free at all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm happy to hear from you! Kindly be patient as the comments are moderated.

Finally, I can boil eggs

It's funny how sometimes the seemingly easiest things can be a challenge. This is true in the kitchen as well! I don't consider myse...