Monday, May 13, 2024

What did we eat past week

So this is my 2nd menu plan in retrospect, , just like last week in random order as I'm again not sure anymore about what we ate when. I'm planning on posting some recipes of the foods we had. 

• Couscous, 2x - once with baked chicken and once with lamb 

• Makarouna (Tunisian style pasta) 

• Vegetable stew with bread 

• Red lentil soup with bread and homemade sandwich spread 

• Another Tunisian dish: kafteji (grilled peppers and tomatoes with fried potatoes and egg) with homemade flatbread. We had this with takeaway bbq'ed chicken. 

• Bami goreng (Indonesian fried noodles) 

Did a bit less of batch cooking this week, which is quite unusual for us. But we did eat the leftovers for lunch. In fact, there's still leftovers which we'll have tonight to empty the fridge for tomorrow's grocery shopping. 

2 comments:

  1. I have always wanted to make cous cous. Just have never had the courage to do so.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can understand it's a bit intimidating because of the steaming process. I'm fortunate that I learned it from my MIL, and honestly, it's easier than it seems! There are many couscous tutorials online these days, probably in English too. You can always just go for the cheater option and prepare the instant version 🤭 Although that by far doesn't taste as good, but it'll be certainly easier for a beginner.

      Delete

I'm happy to hear from you! Kindly be patient as the comments are moderated.

Finally, I can boil eggs

It's funny how sometimes the seemingly easiest things can be a challenge. This is true in the kitchen as well! I don't consider myse...