Monday, August 12, 2024

What did we eat past week

Couscous - 2x (the first was our 2nd batch of a double cooked batch, the other one made by our neighbour)

Pasta with lamb and vegetables

Leftovers from the pasta sauce with bread (hubby's idea, and that turned out to be quite nice) 

Ojja - Tunisian version of shakshuka, with bread - 2x 

Couscous with courgette, chickpeas and chicken fillet (not really a traditional dish, but quite nice anyhow) 


Nearly all meals were served with a tomato/cucumber/red onion salad again. We're trying to take as much advantage as possible to have cheap and delicious in season produce! 4 of the 7 meals were meatless. 

Previous week, it was a bit too much bread. This past week, it was a bit too much couscous! It seems like I never learn to balance and vary a bit more! Oh well. Fortunately, I did not get any complaints. If there were any leftovers, they were eaten for lunch. 

2 comments:

  1. Oh I love couscous and lamb.
    I don't eat meat often, but when I do, lamb is my favorite. 😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here! It's really a special treat! Unfortunately, meat has become outrageously expensive here, so we usually eat chicken or fish.

      Delete

I'm happy to hear from you! Kindly be patient as the comments are moderated.

Finally, I can boil eggs

It's funny how sometimes the seemingly easiest things can be a challenge. This is true in the kitchen as well! I don't consider myse...