Monday, August 26, 2024

What did we eat past week

Couscous- 2x. One with vegetable stew, and the other one made by my sister in law with lamb, chickpeas and raisins (which is another traditional way to eat couscous here)

Makarouna, Tunisian pasta made with spaghetti, 2x. One was meatless and served with a side of with a salad. And my sister in law actually made this same dish for us as well, but made with chicken

Steamed vermicelli with sticken and a tomato/onion/raisin stew (kind of Moroccan flavoured) 

Ojja - Tunisian style shakshuka, with bread (this was actually lunch, I don't really cook for lunch usually though). 

Slata mechouia - a Tunisian hot condiment/dip of onion, garlic, tomatoes and peppers, served with homemade bread and olive oil and a side of fries 

Rice with dhaal and leafy greens (I think it was chard) 


See, it's nice to have family visiting but it does kind of mess up with our meal planning. This is a reminder why it's very hard to meal plan here because of the people that are so spontaneous. I really do appreciate that they show their love by cooking us foods. But the lack of planning can made me a little bit frustrated at times, I must admit. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm happy to hear from you! Kindly be patient as the comments are moderated.

Saving on meat expenses

Most of my readers must have noticed that we're not eating a lot of meat. I was pretty much raised as a vegetarian, so I'm familiar ...